Our “Decade of Action” – Aiming for 2030
In 2021, Duni Group laid the foundations for the years up to 2030 with an updated strategy. It better reflects what we want, our company and the world around us. And it will make us a trusted sustainability leader with a strong focus on net-zero carbon footprint and circular solutions.
As the world changes, our company must also change to stay relevant. Our business is under pressure from a number of sources, including new legislation, digitalization and various trends in society, and this will continue.
However, this also creates opportunities for companies that want to be part of the development. It will not work if we just sit and wait to see what happens. We need to be able to act quickly if we are to control our own future. That is why in 2021 we have been working on many different initiatives to lay a solid foundation within the company. It builds on positive initiatives we have already launched in areas such as sustainability and innovation.
We call it our “Decade of Action” – we want to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and to a circular future. With the updated strategy launched in the autumn, we are taking a new direction on the compass. Environmental and social sustainability, circular business models, innovation and collaboration will continue to permeate all our activities.
In 2030, when employees look back on 2021 – the year we made the crucial decisions about what company we want to be and where we want to go – we hope they will be proud of us and the decisions we made. Proud to work for a company that is a leader in sustainable and circular business, that set challenging goals and has worked hard to make them a reality. A company that gives back more than it takes and continues to impel positive change, enabling future generations to meet and to enjoy food and drink together.
- Robert Dackeskog takes over as President and CEO.
- Erik Lindroth joins as new Sustainability Director.
- Duni Group is named one of the most attractive employers in Sweden by the Karriärföretagen organization.
- The two brand segments form two business areas – Duni and BioPak – with responsibility for the whole value chain.
- Through its own innovation and collaboration with OrganoClick AB, the Duni business area is launching fossil-free premium napkins and placemats.
- The first fiber-based outer packaging for napkins is launched.
- BioPak launches Compost Connect, a unique, non-branded and non-profit initiative to reduce the amount of organic waste going to landfill.
- The paper mill in Skåpafors is the first in the world to use propane gas from renewable resources in its production.
- A collaboration is launched with the Swedish &Repeat company to contribute to the development of circular solutions for take-away packaging.
- An investment in German Relevo GmbH, a company with a focus on reusable take-away systems, is completed.
- An investment in the Spanish recycling company Bûmerang is made.
- The Group is awarded an EcoVadis Gold Medal for its sustainability performance in 2021, ranking it in the top 5% of companies in the paper and board industry.
- We join the UN Global Compact and are committed to working on environmental and social sustainabilityissues.
- An updated strategy with a new vision, purpose and values is presented.
KEY FINANCIALS, SEK m
|Operating income*||Operativt resultat*||279||149||533||430||491|
|Operating margin*||Operativ rörelsemarginal*||5.50 %||3.30 %||9.60 %||8.70 %||11.10 %|
|Operating EBITDA*||Operativt EBITDA*||487||374||762||583||630|
|Net income before tax||Resultat före skatt||133||7||377||328||439|
|Net income for the year||Årets resultat||77||4||273||249||334|
|Proposed dividend, SEK/Share||Föreslagen utdelning SEK/Aktie||0||0||0||5||5|
|Return on equity, %||Avkastning på eget kapital, %||2.80 %||0.10 %||10.30 %||9.50 %||12.90 %|
|Return on capital employed, %||Avkastning på sysselsatt kapital, %||7.10 %||3.90 %||12.90 %||10.60 %||14.40 %|
|Number of employees||Antal anställda||2,214||2,269||2,398||2,477||2,362|
Net sales and operating income, SEK m
|Net sales|||Operating profits*|